What to expect:
- I’m a straight shooter. If you can’t handle the truth, then you won’t like working with me.
- I will ask you challenging questions. (I often hear “No one’s ever asked me that before.”)
- I’m going to treat you as a person, not a commodity, even though you are.
- I’ll get you the scoop. You are better going into an interview after talking to me than you would be on your own.
- I take marching orders from you. If you want the job, I’ll go after it for you.
- I love helping people. (It’s cliche, but it’s true.)
- I’m better with your career search than you are.
You are an ideal candidate for CGP if:
- You want to be engaged in the process.
- You don’t mind being challenged.
- You are OK hearing it like it is.
- You want to leave your current position but haven’t done anything about it.
- You want to check out the job market without the hassle of job hunting.
- You don’t want to apply on your own and hope.
You are an ideal company for CGP if:
- You’re serious about finding good talent, and you’re ready to see people when you encounter a glanceable resume.
- You are tired of turnover and are ready to upgrade your team.
- You don’t want to look at another template resume. (Skip the whole process; I’ll find who you’re looking for.)
- You limit your search with only “qualified candidates.” (You will be challenged on this thinking.)
- You understand I don’t do what your talent acquisition department does. (It’s a different process and a different skill set)